Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012

What has happened to our world? Are we in End Times?


2 Timothy 3

New International Version (NIV)

1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Sad to say, but unless you have been on a deserted island with Gilligan, you have heard of the horrible tragedy which occurred at the elementary school in Connecticut on Friday morning.  How could anyone shoot little kids point blank is well beyond my comprehension.  I don't understand, I can't understand, and my heart is completely broken for all those who have lost loved ones, who had to endure the horrific hours of terror, and a nation that kills it's own.

Unfortunately, today's scripture tells us exactly why it happened, why similar things will unfortunately happen again, and why it is highly possible we are indeed in end times. Now, let me preface this with the fact that I am not a scholar of end times, or an expert in any way.  But what I am, is a believer in Christ, believer in God's Word being true, and have read enough to feel comfortable with my opinion on the subject.  

Do you often wonder if the world could possibly get any worse?  Of course, next thing you know, something happens to prove that, YES, in fact it can.  I believe this is what we were all confronted with by Friday afternoon when everyone knew someone walked into a school and shot kindergarten students probably sitting nicely in their desks.  What has happened to this world we live in?  It is very very scary, and to tell you the truth, I haven't let myself think about it much.  Not because I don't care, but because it is almost more than I can bear.  I have prayed for all who lost their lives, their families, and all affected by this tragedy, with a most saddened heart I might add.  But, I have yet to turn on the news to see first hand reports.  I heard about it from others, my mom, and a few little blurbs on Fox News Breaking news that pops up on my iPhone.  

I know things weren't perfect when I was little, nor were they when my mom was little, but at least we weren't afraid of what would happen to us at school other than getting in trouble, bad grades or going to the principals office.  We never worried that while we were sitting in class, someone would just show up at the door and shoot us to death.  It is for reasons such as this, that I feel pretty certain we are getting closer to the time Jesus will come for His people.  And the way things are going, I sure wouldn't want to be one of those left behind.  Can you imagine what life on earth would be like after the Rapture?  I truly can't image, and I don't plan to find out.  My faith, trust, and hope are in Christ alone; and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt who holds my tomorrow! Do you?  If not, might I suggest if you want to know you are going to heaven you might say this short yet eternally powerful prayer to yourself with a most sincere heart.  

It's really as easy as your ABC's!  "I know and Acknowledge I am a sinner, I repent of my sins before the Lord and ask for forgiveness.  I Believe Jesus Christ came to this earth to die for my sins, and I accept Him as my Lord and Savior.  And Commit your life to Jesus!  It will be the single best thing you could ever possibly do in your entire life, and you will never ever regret it for one second.  

Please continue with me to pray for not only those involved with this terrible tragedy, but for our country and world who desperately need a Savior, Jesus Christ!



1 comment: